Engineering Document Control and Management
Project in Energy, Resources and Construction Industry generate and deal with large number of documents. These documents can be Engineering Drawings (Basic Engineering or Detailed Engineering), Correspondences, Minutes-of-Meetings(MoM's), Extension of Time Requests(EoT), Variation Order Requests (VOR), Design Change Notes, Punch-Lists, 3-D BIM Models etc.
On Average, a large project (say as 6x600 MW Thermal Power Plant / About USD 4 Billion Capex Project) can generare about 250,000 Records including Drawings, Drawing Reviews, Correspondences, Inspection calls, Minutes-of-Meetings, Design Change Notes, Variation Order Requests, Commissioning documents, End user manuals etc.
The project records are important as some of these will have to be retained over the life cycle of the asset created - about 25 - 30 years. tBits CollabWrite assists you in planning, tracking and managing these project records over the life-cycle of the project - from Concept to Commissioning.
How tBits CollabWrite Document Control Module helps?
tBits CollabWrite - Document Control Module assists in the overall tracking of project documents. The module conforms to the established Engineering Practices of Engineering Industry. The module is easy to learn, deploy and use by project teams and their external participants.
tBits CollabWrite Document Control Module provide you the following features
- Management of Project Master Deliverables Lists (Project Drawing/Document Lists).
- Workflow Management associated with Internal Review of Drawings / Documents / SQUAD Checks
- Release of Documents to External Stakeholders via automated Document Transmittal Notes.
- Review of Engineering Drawings and Documents using Online Markups and Annotations.
- Automated version and Controlled Revision of drawings/documents.
- Automated Management Information System (MIS) Reports.
- (Optional) Integrated with RoBOTic Document Control Assistants for complete automation of document control processes. View Success Case Studies.
tBits CollabWrite - Engineering Document Control & Project Collaboration Suite provides the following benefits to the users:
- Improve Productivity of Project Teams - Automate most processes associated with Engineering Document Control including automated Document Transmittal Note creation, automated MIS Reports and automated tracking of project deliverables.
- Proactively Identify and Prevent Project Delays - Track in real-time all your project drawings and documents and have visibility about where they are stuck. Send automated reminders and perform escalations - if required - for expediting project documents.
- Reduce Risks - by ensuring that all project critical information is getting captured in real-time in a secure web-based document control software with comprehensive audit-trails that can be used as evidence in a claim or liquidated damages situation at the time of project handover.
- Reduced Costs - tBits CollaWrite Document Control Module migrates your paper based processes into digital processes leading to elimination of paper and dispatch costs. Further - in build advanced features enable you to verify paper-plots of drawings at construction sites to ensure that latest drawings are used for construction at project site - eliminating one of the costliest and deadliest risks that most projects have faced to varying degree. Pl see our ROI Case Studies
- Enforce Complaiance with Project Standards - by using RoBOTic Document Control Assistant Add-on, you can confidently leave the enforcement of your document control standards and processes to an advanced RoBOTic document control assistant software that will enforce complaiance with your organisational and/or project document control standard while improving the producvtivity of your document control centers. Click here to know more about the RoBOTic Document Control Assistants.