Oil & Gas
The Oil & Gas industry is involved in the exploration, production, transportation, refining & retailing of petroleum products. The complete chain taken together also forms the worlds largest industry in terms of value.
The Oil & Gas industry also forms the main-stay for meeting the energy requirements across the world and is critical supplier of raw material for several chemical industries.
Large projects are undertaken world wide every year in each segment of the Oil & Gas industry - exploration, extraction, transportation, refining & marketing.
For undertaking the above activities, investments are made in creating infrastructure to convert the precious crude oil into useful products that we consume.
The infrastructure includes creating oil platforms capable of working in deep oceans, natural gas liquefaction facilities, cryogenic tankers to transport the fuel, ports and jetties to handle the tankers, refineries and process plants to convert the inputs into the useful outputs till the finished products are dispatched to end customer.
The capacity building in each of the above steps in the energy value chain is a project in itself that is usually executed on Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) Basis - involving Consulting Engineers, Contractors & various equipment manufacturers / suppliers.
For the creation of say a modern refinery - various packages are created and given out to the respective successful bidders including Desalter, vacuum distilation unit, hydrotreater, Catalytic reformer, Hydro-cracker, coking units, alkylation units, stream reforming, water systems, etc.
Once the project has been decided to be executed, the owner sets the objective of the project. Owner also hires specialized consultancy firms – Project Management Consultants(PMC) – who, in alignment with the objectives of the owner, perform the basic engineering of the asset including design, subcontracting, vendor management & project management activities. They may divide the overall project into packages, evaluates the bid received and recommends owner to award the package to the successful bidder, reviews the engineering documents created by the successful bidder and oversees the execution of the project till the asset handover and contract closure.
tBits CollabWrite – over the life cycle of the Engineering, Procurement & Construction projects in Industrial Infrastructure development – assists by performing the following functions:
tBits Modules used across the project phases
tBits usage in Engineering Phase:
- Document Control– Management of Basic Engineering documents
- Tender Documents - including Technical & Commercial Evaluation of Bids
- Detailed Engineering Documents – Till Good for Construction / Release for construction and till As-Built.
- Uncontrolled Documents – Site photographs, Monthly Reports, Adhoc documents etc
- Modules for documents for C&I.
tBits usage in Procurement Phase
- Quality Process Automation & collaboration between the Vendors, Third Party Inspection Agencies & Owners including:
- Inspection Calls Management between Vendor, Contractor, Third Party inspection Agencies and Owner till the release of Material Dispatch Clearance Certificates Generation.
- Logistics Management
- Site inspections
- Material Tracking until reconciliation of material to be handed over to Owner at the end of the project as per contract.
tBits usage in Construction Phase:
Collaboration between Site Office, Project Execution Office & Project Engineering Offices.
Post Project Execution Usage
- Technical Queries
- Field Design Change Notes
- Tracking of Fortnightly Project Execution Activities
- Transfer Protocols - including the material consumption detailed for invoicing & Punch Lists.
- Health Safety & Environmental Management
- Automation of site workflows as Invoice Tracking, etc
- Engineering support management
- As-Built Document Management & Control